Changes to Huron Heights Daily Class Schedule
August 24th, 2019
With the start of the 2018-2019 school year came a change to the daily class timetable at Huron Heights. The growth of our student population has increased dramatically in the past two years and is expected to continue. This has necessitated the move to a 6-period class schedule with classes beginning daily at 8:00 am. The 2019-2020 daily schedule may be found on the Huron Heights S.S. website homepage.
- The daily schedule is the same all week. We no longer ‘flip’ periods 5 & 6 on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Periods 3 and 4 are designated lunch periods with approximately half of the student population having lunch in either period. This means that there will be classes running in all 6 periods daily.
- The period in which a student’s lunch falls is based upon the courses they have selected and the periods that those fall into. Much like our MSIP classes, both lunch periods will be made up of students from grades 9-12. Due to our significant facility space constraints, we will not be able to accommodate student requests to have their lunch in a specific period.
- As classes will be in session during both lunch periods, all instructional areas will be off limits during that time. The halls will remain open for student locker access for the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of each lunch period after which, access will be limited to emergencies or extenuating circumstances only.
- Students will be expected to eat lunch in the cafeteria and front foyer area of the school.The Library, Student Success Room, Learning Services, Guidance, and Main Office will remain accessible during the lunch periods.
- In certain situations and at the classroom teacher’s discretion, eating may occur in some classrooms. Students doing so will need to arrive to class with the food they intend to consume. (*please refrain from bringing food containing nuts)
- The Strasburg Road entrance/exit doors will be locked during Periods 3 and 4. Students may enter/exit the school from the front doors and rear parking lot doors during those periods.
Categories: Husky News