Holiday Week Events 2018
December 14th, 2018
Let’s have some fun as we wrap up our final week before our 2-week break!
Monday – Carol Sing in the Foyer @ 7:40AM
Tuesday – Pictures with Santa Harley in the Foyer @ lunch (free)
Wednesday – Gingerbread House Competition @ lunch
Thursday – Wear your favourite festive sweaters and hats today! Candycane Grams are being delivered as well.
Friday – Christmas Assembly
The DOOR DECORATING Competition commences on Monday:
Reigning champion – Ms. Gardiner (Room 1612)
Prize up for grabs – Door Decorating Plaque + Coffee & Donuts in January.
Guidelines for door decorating contest:
- Doors will be judged on Thursday, December 20th during Period 5.
- You may use any materials, provided they do not interfere with the entrance of the room.
- All decorations must be removable. They cannot damage or permanently mark the door or windows on the door.
- Only masking tape is allowed to stick decorations to the doors.
- No tape or other supplies can be provided by Student Activities or the Art Department due to limited supplies. Please arrange to bring your own.
- Double doors do not have an advantage over single doors.
- Portable doors will be decorated and judged from the inside of the door.
- Only decorations directly on the door will be judged. If decorations exceed the physical door then they will not be counted.
Overall visual impact, neatness & craftsmanship, space well utilized, originality & creativity, holiday theme.
The winning Door Entry will be announced at the Assembly on Friday.
Categories: Husky News