Register now for Relay for Life, May 26, 2017
April 20th, 2017
Huron Heights is running a Relay for Life event on May 26, 2017, with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society. Relay for Life is an overnight event, where teams of 10 students spend the night walking the school track, simulating a cancer patient’s journey through treatment. Students will begin fundraising after April 21st, 2017. Fundraising will be done both online and by cash or cheque.
For more information and Registration Instructions visit the Huron Heights Relay for Life website at: relayforlife.ca/huronheights
We have almost 100 students registered to participate in this year’s Relay for Life, and there are only two registration days remaining. Those days are:
Tuesday May 9
Tuesday May 16
In order to register, you need your permission form, signed by a parent/guardian, as well as your $20 registration fee (cash, or cheque made out to the Canadian Cancer Society).
If you need a permission form, you can get one at the registration table in the foyer on a registration day, or find Mrs. Lehmann or Mr. Brenneman.
Where do you start?
- Step 1
- Get a blue permission form
- Bring the Form back with $20 cash or cheque (made out to Canadian Cancer Society)
- Fee covers a meal, T-shirt and luminary
- Step 2
- Register online at relayforlife.ca/huronheights
- Access the Participation Centre
- Fundraise on line (or by collecting cash)
- Send emails and links to your Facebook and Twitter to enhance fundraising
- Get your Fundraising Kit & start fundraising!!
Fundraising events to look forward to:
- Weekly Team & Fundraising challenges with prizes
- Pizza Sales every Thursday after school (1 slice=$2; 2 slices=$3; 3 slices=$5)
- Bake Sale on Tuesday, April 25th and Tuesday, May 9th (2:25Pm – 3:30PM)
- Staff FundRAZOR
- HHSS Cake Auction
Get ready for …
On May 4, 2017, Huron Heights students will bake and bid on cakes in their first-ever cake auction! Students will raise money in their C block classes beginning on April 24th, and on May 4th, two students from each class will bid on the cakes in a live auction in the cafeteria. Staff, students, and parents are encouraged to bake cakes for the auction. The only thing we ask is the cakes DO NOT CONTAIN NUTS.
Small prizes will be given for the top cakes in each of the following categories:
- Most spirited
- Most colourful
- Best character cake
- Most creative
- Best in show
Categories: Husky News